We take Wellbeing and Mental Health across our community very seriously. We understand that our students’ wellbeing is important, and that positive mental wellbeing is fundamental to a child’s ability to succeed.
We commit to educating our students about the importance of mental health, and broaden their knowledge and understanding, helping them to effectively manage their own wellbeing in making healthier and more positive choices.
The Pastoral Team provide support to students in their year group in a variety of ways.
Students are encouraged to:
- Give to others
- Keep learning
- Value our environment
- Be Mindful
- Be active
Our Pastoral Team work closely with students to identify anyone that may benefit from accessing the following:
- School Therapist
- Mental Health Support Team: My Young Mind Enfield
- Speaking to one of our Emotional Literacy Support Assistants
There are also a variety of resources available to students and parents who may need further support.
- You could text the Young Minds Crisis Messenger if you need support. A trained volunteer will text with you to help you think through your feelings and signpost you to other support.
Childline: www.childline.org.uk or call 0800 1111
- Sign up to Kooth and access emotional and wellbeing support up to 22:00 every day. You can confide and be comfortable with one of their friendly online counsellors.
- Mind has lots of information for young people about understanding your feelings, how to get help and support, what happens when you visit your GP, looking after yourself and more.
Samaritans: www.www.samaritans.org or call 116 123 for free
Place2Be – improving mental health: www.place2be.org.uk
The Mix: www.themix.org.uk